Day 23: VoiceOver for macOS
Needing to take a break from reading through so much documentation, I decided to spend some time with some assistive technology. Specifically, I practiced navigating with VoiceOver (VO) on my MacBook Pro. Turns out that it was more a challenge than I anticipated!
Things I accomplishedPermalink for "Things I accomplished"
- Practiced common VoiceOver on macOS tasks using shortcut keys.
- Started a spreadsheet to compare shortcut keys across desktop screen readers.
What I learned todayPermalink for "What I learned today"
- I surprised myself be feeling more out of water on my MBP then I did with my iPhone when using VoiceOver. I've become fairly familiar with NVDA on Windows, so I really felt like I was having to relearn navigating with a screen reader.
- Control + Option + U opens the rotor.
- Sometimes using VO felt complex when having to hold down 4 keys to "quickly" navigate a webpage.