GAAD 2020 with Hello A11y
On May 21, 2020 for Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD), I had the privilege to present at the first Hello A11y virtual meetup. They asked me to talk about my 100 Days of A11y journey toward CPWA certification, and I was happy to share my story. My presentation starts around 3 hours and 13 minutes. I hope that those who are considering certification, are in the midst of learning, or need to get started on web accessibility will find my presentation useful and encouraging.
Additionally, you can download my 100 Days of A11y (GAAD 2020) slides [PDF, 233kb] for an overview or links to resources I mentioned.
I've also embedded the archived YouTube presentation in this post. Unfortunately, captions and a transcript aren't yet available.
Resources SharedPermalink for "Resources Shared"
Online Reading & ExamplesPermalink for "Online Reading & Examples"
BooksPermalink for "Books"
- Accessibility for Everyone by Laura Kalbag
- A Web for Everyone: Designing Accessible User Experiences by Sarah Horton & Whitney Quesenbery
- Inclusive Design by Heydon Pickering
- Inclusive Components by Heydon Pickering
ToolsPermalink for "Tools"
- WebAIM WAVE browser extension
- Web dev tools (Firefox & Chrome)
- Bookmarklets & extensions (landmarks, forced focus, web dev toolbar)
- W3 validator
- Checklists (WebAIM)