Things I accomplished
- Read Benefits of Accessible Design (Section508.gov).
- Read The Business Case for Digital Accessibility (W3C).
- Watched The Business Case for Accessibility (ChangSchool – YouTube)
- Read Accessibility Business Case (Level Access)
What I learned today
There are several benefits to starting out a design process with accessibility in mind, rather than catching it after production and resorting to remediation. Some of these benefits include:
- a solid customer base due to an off-the-shelf accessible product,
- saved money by building it right rather than redesigning over and over again,
- minimized legal risk,
- innovation and the challenge to solve real-world problems,
- improved productivity,
- improved diversity, and
- improved corporate image and brand when accessible technologies and strategies are incorporated within their organization.