Day 15: ARIA States and Properties, Part 1
Though there is still much for me to learn about ARIA roles, I've moved onto States and Properties of ARIA. ARIA is definitely challenging my ability to stay above water when it comes to information overload. Only 1 hour spent wading through information today.
Things I accomplishedPermalink for "Things I accomplished"
- Read through part of the States and Properties section.
What I learned todayPermalink for "What I learned today"
- States and properties are
aria-prefixed attributes describing the object.
- A key difference between the two: state values change frequently, unlike most property values.
- There are 21 global states and properties, meaning they are supported by all roles and base markup elements.
- Additionally, 46 more states and properties are broken down into four eleventyNavigation:
title: "Day "
- widget: receives user input and process user actions; 24 attributes
- live region: updates content without user focus; 4 attributes
- drag-and-drop: identifies draggable elements and drop targets; 2 attributes
- relationship: clarifies associations between elements; 16 attributes
Cool findsPermalink for "Cool finds"
- The Visual ARIA bookmarklet lets you see ARIA usage on your webpage.
- The ARIA Role Matrices breaks down roles and their supported attributes.